Join the Revolution of Light and Image facilitated by the Tampere University
The PREIN partner Tampere University hosts one of the Future is Made in Finland Webinars. On 28th October the theme is the Revolution of Light and Image and the event features photonics and imaging in Tampere University and in the Pirkanmaa region.
The event is targetted to students, researchers, innovators, start-up entrepreneurs and all who are interested to learn more about Finland.
The series "Future is Made in Finland" consists of seven events which explore the future illuminating the ways how the globe is changing and challenged, and how science in one of the world’s leading innovation ecosystems in Finland is taking us through the challenges. The themes include transformative technologies like AI, 6G, photonics, imaging, circular economy, co-creation and design-thinking with diversity shape our joint destiny – and how to be part of that? The series is organised by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, Business Finland, Tampere University, City of Tampere, LUT University, Aalto University, University of Oulu, Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence and EURAXESS.
Future is made in Finland – join the revolution of light and image
28th October (at 12:00pm in Helsinki, 2:30 pm in New Delhi, 5 pm in Singapore)
- Opening words Dr. Mari Walls, President of Tampere University
- Keynote 1: Imaging: Education and Research in Imaging in Tampere Prof. Alessandro Foi, Professor of Signal Processing, Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences, Tampere University
- Keynote 2: Photonics. Tampere University as a unique environment for Photonics studies: from advanced education to world-class research and wide industrial collaboration Prof. Goëry Genty, Professor of Optics, Director of the Flagship on Photonics Research and Innovation PREIN, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Tampere University
- Comment keynote: Photonics at the University of Eastern Finland Prof. Jyrki Saarinen, Deputy Director of the Flagship on Photonics Research and Innovation PREIN, University of Eastern Finland
- Study Imaging in Tampere, a student point of view Laura Ribeiro, Doctoral Researcher 3D Media Group
- Study Photonics in Tampere, a student point of view Ekaterina Krutova Student of the Master’s Degree Programme in Photonics Technologies
- Short transition break
- Introduction into work & startup activities in Tampere / Finland in imaging & photonics Business Tampere
- Company keynote
- Wrap up