All upcoming events
Join us in San Francisco for SPIE Photonics West 2023. The call for papers is open, and we hope you will share your work and submit an abstract. The program information will be available in the fal...
PREIN is organizing a photonics symposium on March 22-24 which will be held at Silja Serenade cruise from Helsinki.
More information and registration link coming up soon!
International Day of Light 2023 falls on a Tuesday, and so we have the chance for a strong focus during the entire week of 15-19 May....
The annual Photonics Finland Main Event, Optics and Photonics Days (OPD) 2023 will be held 30. May – 1. June 2023 in University of Eastern Finland (UEF) campus, Joensuu, Finland....
yPHOTONICS WEST 2023, SAN FRANSISCO, USA
January 28 - February 2, 2023 at Moscone Center, San Fransisco, California, USA
PREIN participates again in the SPIE Photonics West Academic conference February 28-January 2 and the Exhibition fair January 31 - February 2, 2023 together with Photonics Finland and twelve photonics industry companies from Finland. The Photonics Finland pavilion will be located in Moscone Center North Hall.
PREIN is at the Finnish Pavilion. See location at Moscone Center Hall F (booth no. 4429) here: Exhibition floor plan
PREIN researchers’ conference presentations
In the SPIE Photonics West Academic conference, there are 7 conference paper presentations from VTT related researchers, 7 presentations from Tampere University, 2 presentations from Aalto and 2 from University of Eastern Finland. In addition, one presenter is affiliated to both UEF and VTT.
Sunday, 29 January 2023
· 2:20 PM - 2:40 PM Duc H. Le/ VTT and UEF MSc student (PSRS) Surface plasmon enhanced upconversion luminescence for biosensing applications
Monday, 30 January 2023
· 2:20 PM - 2:40 PM Xinyang Liu/ TAU Short-wavelength-band tunable high-power Tm-doped fiber laser
· 2:55 PM - 3:15 PM Zahra Eslami/ TAU Relative intensity noise characterization of supercontinuum generation in graded index and step index multimode fibers
· 4:00 PM - 4:20 PM Matteo Cherchi/ VTT Tapered MMI splitters with unconstraint splitting ratio on a thick SOI platform
· 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Teemu Sahlström/ UEF Utilizing variational autoencoders in photoacoustic tomography
· 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Niko Hänninen/ UEF Image reconstruction in quantitative photoacoustic tomography using adaptive optical Monte Carlo
Tuesday, 31 January 2023
· 10:20 AM - 10:40 AM Erkki Ikonen/ Aalto Cantilever-based photoacoustic sensor for terahertz range
· 11:20 AM - 11:40 AM Timo Aalto/ VTT Ultra-high-Q-factor racetrack resonators on thick SOI platform through sidewall roughness improvement by hydrogen annealing
· 12:40 PM - 1:05 PM Goëry Genty/ TAU Applications of artificial intelligence to nonlinear fiber-optics (Invited Paper)
· 5:00 PM - 5:20 PM Aapo Varpula/ VTT Uncooled nano-thermoelectric bolometers for infrared imaging and sensing
· 5:00 PM - 5:20 PM Samu-Pekka Ojanen/ TAU Hybrid GaSb/Si3N4 widely tunable Vernier laser emitting around 2.55 µm
· 5:20 PM - 5:40 PM Jukka Viheriälä /TAU Characteristics of transfer printable GaSb laser diodes and gain devices for 2 to 3 µm integrated photonics
· 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Philipp Tatar-Mathes/ TAU Investigation of a red-emitting MECSEL for OCT applications
Wednesday, 1 February 2023
· 11:30 AM - 11:50 AM Timo Aalto/VTT Broadband and polarization independent waveguide-fiber coupling
· 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Timo Aalto /VTT Monolithically integratable broad-band anti-reflection stacks for Si photonics platforms
· 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Giovanni Delrosso / VTT Photonic packaging implications when driving superconducting electronics optically
Thursday, 2 February 2023
· 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM Sari Elomaa/VTT Life-time improvement of metallic MOEMS Fabry Pérot interferometers with ALD TiO2 thin films (Invited Paper)
· 11:40 AM - 12:00 PM Iuliia Zalesskaia/ TAU Radially polarized picosecond MOPA system based on double-clad ytterbium-doped spun tapered fiber with ring-shaped active core
· 1:10 PM - 1:40 Zhipei Sun/Aalto Enhancement of Optical Nonlinearities in 2D Materials (Invited Paper)
Join us in San Francisco for SPIE Photonics West 2023.
You can find the updated event program here: SPIE 2023 event program
Companies at Finnish pavilion:
- Comptek Solutions
We are looking forward to seeing everyone in San Fransisco!