The Board of Tampere University visited the photonics laboratories in Tampere University
The Tampere University Board meeting today included site visits at Hervanta Campus, among other topics the board members, Ilkka Herlin, Jari Kinaret, Kimmo Kontula and Pirkko Liisa Raudaskoski,President Mari Walls, Vice-Precidents Marja Sutela and Juha Teperi and Camilla Lindfors were presented the new teaching space, PedaLab and the Photonics Flagship research facilities.
The director of PREIN, Professor Goëry Genty introduced the research conducted within the Photonics Research and Innovation Flagship (PREIN) and the ultrafast photonics laboratory, where research focuses on state-of-the-art light sources for visible and infrared (IR) ranges needed for applications.
Professor Humeyra Caglayan, the deputy leader of the PREIN Work Package on Materials and Structures introduced her laboratory to the Board members. Caglayan and the Metamaterial and Plasmonic Devices research group has been engaged in research on advanced nanophotonics, plasmonics and metamaterials and more recently expanded their interest to encompass research on applications to quantum and health technologies.
Professor Goëry Genty hosting our University board and introducing the research conducted within the Photonics Research and Innovation Flagship
Professor Humeyra Caglayan showing our University board her ERC funded research on plasmonics and metamaterials with applications to quantum and health technologies
Tampere University Board:
- PhD (History) Ilkka Herlin, Chairman of the Board of Cargotec Corporation
- Professor Jari Kinaret, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Professor (Emer.) Kimmo Kontula, University of Helsinki
- Professor Pirkko Liisa Raudaskoski, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
- Mayor Lauri Lyly, City of Tampere
- DEcon Pekka Puustinen, Executive Vice President, Strategy and Renewal, OP Financial Group
- Student of social sciences Iiris Suomela, Vice Chair of Tampere City Council